April 4, 2018
Creative Economy State Profiles
NASAA launched the Creative Economy State Profiles last month. You may have seen our announcement or social media posts about all the rich data now available for every state.
Produced in cooperation with the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), this interactive dashboard visualizes details about the creative economy in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The dashboard uses data drawn from the Arts and Cultural Production Satellite Account, published by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) in partnership with the NEA.
The profiles offer a more complete picture of arts and cultural production and make a highly credible case to policymakers and stakeholders, allowing you to explore:
- the total value of arts and cultural production in every state, as well as the nation
- total employment and compensation associated with arts and cultural production
- profiles of arts and culture alongside other key industry sectors
- regional views of how your state compares to your neighbors
- creative economy performance versus overall state economic performance over time
Please explore the Creative Economy State Profiles, and don’t hesitate to contact us for help using this information in your state.
In this Issue
From the President and CEO
State to State
- Maryland: Artist Registry & Marketplace
- Kentucky: Arts Access Assistance Grant
- Utah: New Nation Project
Announcements and Resources
More Notes from NASAA
Research on DemandSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.