As an appointed state arts agency board or commission member, your leadership and advocacy are essential to the success of your agency. Here are some NASAA resources designed to help you!
About State Arts Councils
- NASAA Notes Our monthly newsletter
- NASAA Research Facts and figures on topics from A to Z
- Return on Investment: The Federal Government, States and the Arts Data what federal and state support achieve
- Arrange a live-video orientation to NASAA services for your council.
- Have a question? Ask NASAA! We’re on call to answer all inquiries you might have about state arts agencies.
Report to Councils
News and resources of special interest to volunteer arts leaders:
- Why Should Government Support the Arts? Answer common questions
- Arts and Creativity Strengthen Our Nation: An Narrative and Message Guide Make a case for public support
- Virtual Advocacy Transcend distance to stay in touch
- Meetings Matter! Talk to your legislators
- Advocacy vs. Lobbying An arts primer
- You Can Shape Policy Advocacy dos and don’ts
- Fact vs. Fiction: Government Arts Funding Common myths debunked
- Five Reasons to Support the Arts Timely talking points
- Three Simple Ways to Advocate for the Arts Easy ways to voice your support
- Being an Arts Ambassador Practical advocacy tips
- Legislative Alerts and Updates keep you current on federal arts policy.
- Upcoming Events You’re invited!
- Web Seminars Tune in from your home or office, or check out past sessions.
- Facebook Keep up with NASAA and your peers on-line, and join in the conversation
NASAA Member Benefits
- Arts and creativity strengthen our nation—and NASAA strengthens state arts agencies in many ways. Learn how NASAA works for you to elevate the value of the arts for all.
- Share your good work. If you’ve written an article or op-ed or led a special council activity, let NASAA know so that we can share your success with other states.
- Serve on a NASAA committee, where you can help develop NASAA’s board leadership, annual plan, fundraising or policy work. Contact Chief Advancement Officer Laura Smith to inquire.
- Members help make our work possible through their personal charitable contributions. Consider making a gift to NASAA. Thank you!
NASAA’s mission is to strengthen state arts agencies. Call on NASAA: 202-347-6352.