As an appointed state arts agency board or commission member, your leadership and advocacy are essential to the success of your agency. Here are some NASAA resources designed to help you!
- NASAA Notes Our monthly newsletter
- NASAA Research Facts and figures on topics from A to Z
- Return on Investment: States Investing in the Arts An infographic summarizing what state grants achieve
- Arrange a live-video orientation to NASAA services for your council.
- Have a question? Ask NASAA! We’re on call to answer all inquiries you might have about state arts agencies.
- Meetings Matter! Talk to your legislators
- Advocacy vs. Lobbying An arts primer
- You Can Shape Policy Advocacy dos and don’ts
- Fact vs. Fiction: Government Arts Funding Common myths debunked
- Five Essential Arts Arguments Timely talking points
- Three Simple Ways to Advocate for the Arts Easy ways to voice your support
- Being an Arts Ambassador Practical advocacy tips
- Legislative Alerts and Updates keep you current on federal arts policy.
- Share your good work. If you’ve written an article or op-ed or led a special council activity, let NASAA know so that we can share your success with other states.
- Serve on a NASAA committee, where you can help develop NASAA’s board leadership, annual plan, fundraising or policy work. Contact Chief Advancement Officer Laura Smith to inquire.
- Members help make our work possible through their personal charitable contributions. Consider making a gift to NASAA. Thank you!
NASAA’s mission is to strengthen state arts agencies. Call on NASAA: 202-347-6352.