April 5, 2022
From the Research Team
New Profiles of States’ Creative Economies
NASAA’s Creative Economy State Profiles have been freshly updated with new arts and cultural production data. Produced in cooperation with the National Endowment for the Arts, the interactive dashboard visualizes details about the creative economy in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. This update features data from 2020, which describes the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on arts and culture production.
The Creative Economy State Profiles use data from the Arts and Cultural Production Satellite Account (ACPSA) published by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. The ACPSA is an authoritative source for the value of the creative economy in every state.
The Creative Economy State Profiles is an interactive tool that allows you to explore and share your state’s unique economic story with key decision makers. Use the Creative Economy State Profiles to understand:
- the total value of arts and cultural production in every state, as well as the nation
- total employment and compensation associated with arts and cultural production, by state and nationally
- profiles of the arts and culture alongside other key industry sectors in your state (mining, agriculture, construction, retail and more)
- regional views of how your state compares to your neighbors
- creative economy performance versus overall state economic performance over time
- high-performing creative industries in your state
The profiles are part of NASAA’s growing suite of resources available to understand and communicate accurate data and research about the creative economy. Please view and explore the Creative Economy State Profiles, and don’t hesitate to contact NASAA’s Ryan Stubbs or Mohja Rhoads for help using this information in your state.
In this Issue
From the President and CEO
State to State
The Research Digest
Announcements and Resources
More Notes from NASAASubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.