December 4, 2008
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How many state arts agencies are divisions of larger cultural affairs departments within state government?
Answer: Half of state arts agencies (28) are currently located within some larger department of state government. Of those 28, 16 are part of a cultural resources department. These cultural resource departments may combine a variety of divisions, such as the arts, heritage, museums, libraries, history, historic preservation or film. State arts agencies are also located in departments of state, economic development and education.
For More Information: Contact Angela Han to learn more about state arts agency structures across the country.
In this Issue
State to State
- Massachusetts: Big Yellow Bus Program
- Nevada: Enduring Traditions: The Culture and Heritage of Lake Tahoe, Nevada, Driving and Walking Tour
- South Carolina: Mayors' Institute for Community Design
- Nebraska: Wednesday Words
- New Jersey: New Jersey Arts at a Crossroads: Creative Solutions for Tough Economic Times
Executive Director's Column
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked QuestionsSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.