December 4, 2008
Nevada: Enduring Traditions: The Culture and Heritage of Lake Tahoe, Nevada, Driving and Walking Tour
To promote sites of natural, cultural and artistic interest, the Nevada Arts Council published Enduring Traditions: The Culture and Heritage of Lake Tahoe, Nevada, Driving and Walking Tour. The guide focuses on the traditional arts, cultures, and significant destinations on the Nevada borders of Lake Tahoe. Authored by cultural anthropologist Penny Rucks, the guidebook lists museums, organizations, festivals and events and provides photographs and narratives that reflect the complex heritage of the region—from the Washoe Indians to Austrian and Hungarian influences in the ski industry, from vernacular architecture to historic estates, from the earliest settlers to emerging traditions. For more information or to order a copy, contact Nevada Arts Council Folklife Program Coordinator Patricia Atkinson Wells.
In this Issue
State to State
- Massachusetts: Big Yellow Bus Program
- Nevada: Enduring Traditions: The Culture and Heritage of Lake Tahoe, Nevada, Driving and Walking Tour
- South Carolina: Mayors' Institute for Community Design
- Nebraska: Wednesday Words
- New Jersey: New Jersey Arts at a Crossroads: Creative Solutions for Tough Economic Times
Executive Director's Column
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked QuestionsSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.