July 7, 2021
Support FY2022 Funding Increase for NEA
The U.S. House Committee on Appropriations approved a $33.5 million increase to the fiscal year 2022 appropriation for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). This matches the amount proposed by the White House to bring the agency’s funding level up to $201 million. The bill will next move to the House floor for its approval, and NASAA will keep you informed as that process unfolds.
In the meantime, we encourage NASAA members to reach out to House members to urge their support of the proposed appropriation for the NEA. In doing so, please consider:
- thanking them for their support of the arts over the past year, and specifically recognizing the need to support artists and venues during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- urging them to support funding the NEA at $201 million for FY2022, and reinforcing the tremendous success of the federal-state partnership that directs 40% of the Arts Endowment’s grant funding to state arts agencies and regional arts organizations;
- using the opportunity to update their staff about recent developments at your agency, and how an increase of this size would positively impact communities in your state.
In this Issue
From the President and CEO
State to State
- Kansas: Organizational Mentorship for the Arts
- Oklahoma: Wellbeing Committee and Resources
- Pennsylvania: Music Therapy for Frontline Workers
The Research Digest
Announcements and Resources
More Notes from NASAASubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.