July 2, 2014
How SAA and NEA Grants Overlap
Periodically, NASAA analyzes state arts agency (SAA) and regional arts organization (RAO) grant-making data in combination with direct grants data from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). This work allows us to see to what extent SAA and RAO grantees “overlap” with NEA direct grantees. Our most recent analysis, for fiscal year 2012, shows us that a large number of NEA grantees also receive grants from SAAs/RAOs.
- 1,221 grantees received funding from both the NEA and SAAs/RAOs.
- 62% of NEA grantees received grants from their SAA/RAO.
- 7% of SAA/RAO grantees received grants from the NEA.
- These shared grantees are located in 426 communities across the country and in all 50 states.
- Most shared grantees (84%) were arts organizations. Other recipients include educational institutions and community organizations.
Interested in learning about shared NEA grantees in your state? Contact NASAA Research Director Ryan Stubbs.
In this Issue
Executive Director's Column
State to State
Research on Demand
More Notes from NASAASubscribe