2020 has been a watershed year for the arts, America and state arts agencies. Lives and livelihoods have been lost, and cracks in the foundation of American justice, public health and support for the arts have been called into stark relief. What’s next for the arts and state arts agencies? How can we catalyze positive change and forge a strong and equitable future, one in which the arts are the backbone of a society in which all will flourish?
This special series of online learning events—especially for state arts agency staff and council members—offers provocative perspectives and actionable ideas. Participation is free for all state arts agency staff and council members and regional arts organizations. Register for the whole series or participate in the sessions of your choice. For more information, contact NASAA Learning Services Director Eric Giles.
Art by Steve Johnson
- August 27: Pivot – Part 1
- August 28: Pivot – Part 2
- September 2: Building Bridges in a Time of Crisis
- September 17: Equity Choice Points
- September 30: New Opportunities for Creative Aging
- October 14: Shifting the Narratives: Successful Messaging for Public Funding for the Arts
- October 22: Business Bash
Thank you to the National Endowment for the Arts, Aroha Philanthropies and the Ford Foundation for supporting NASAA’s Shifting Policy and Practice: Insights and Actions for States learning series!
The work of NASAA and state arts agencies is strengthened in many ways through partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts.