March 6, 2019
Arts Advocacy Fact Sheets
As state and federal budgeting processes kick into high gear, NASAA’s research team has data to help every state arts agency makes its case.
NASAA’s National Endowment for the Arts Arts Investment Fact Sheet is intended to assist members with conversations about the importance and reach of National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) funding.
- an overview of NEA appropriation trends and dollars leveraged;
- talking points on citizen benefits of public funding for the arts;
- data on the local impact of state and federal funding for the arts;
- maps showing NEA direct grants, state arts agency grants and, when available, state arts agency grant activity locations by congressional district.
All of these data speak to the value of the NEA and arts funding in each congressional district. Please see this example of a custom sheet for Idaho.
These NEA Arts Investment Fact Sheets are one of the many resources available to NASAA members to promote data driven advocacy. NASAA advocacy tools, funding and grant-making data, and custom research are all available to help you make your case.
Contact NASAA Research Director Ryan Stubbs for a copy of your state’s NEA Arts Investment Fact Sheet or for other custom research needs.
In this Issue
From the President and CEO
State to State
- California: Gathering of Poets Laureate
- Iowa: Creative Aging in Rural Libraries
- New Jersey: Diversity in Arts Leadership Internship
Announcements and Resources
More Notes from NASAA
Research on DemandSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.