March 9, 2009
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How many grants do state arts agencies give out each year for general operating support?
Answer: For fiscal year 2007, state arts agencies awarded 4,610 grants totaling $100.4 million for general operating support. General operating support accounted for 17% of grants and 35% of grant dollars.
For more information: NASAA provides comparative grant-making statistics using Final Descriptive Report (FDR) data. This information can help members illustrate how grants are distributed across the state, and how grantmaking compares to other states or the nation. For further information on grantmaking, contact Angela Han.
In this Issue
State to State
- Minnesota: Clean Water, Wildlife, Cultural Heritage and Natural Areas Amendment
- Florida: Arts in Medicine in the Panhandle
- Montana: Artist's Innovation Award
- Ohio: The Arts: Part of the Solution
- Texas: Guide to Programs and Services
- Washington: Wallace Excellence Project & Awards
Executive Director's Column
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked QuestionsSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.