October 4, 2021
From the Research Team
Three New Reports on Equity and State Arts Agencies
In partnership with Arts Washington (ArtsWA), NASAA has produced three new reports exploring how state arts agencies (SAAs) are investing in more equitable practices across their agencies, in relationships with communities and in public art programs. While each agency approaches this goal within its own state’s context, the reports highlight the range of practices that states are employing to support equitable outcomes.
- In Pursuit of Equity: Four Case Studies of State Arts Agencies dives into the work of the California Arts Council, Maryland State Arts Council, Massachusetts Cultural Council and South Carolina Arts Commission to examine how they integrate equity across their programming and agency structure.
- Deepening Relationships with Diverse Communities: State Arts Agency Strategies examines the best practices and strategies that SAAs are using to meaningfully engage with new and historically marginalized communities.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in State Arts Agency Public Art Programs: A Roundtable Report explores how SAAs are addressing questions of equity and representation within their public art programs.
These three reports are the culmination of programmatic research, two forums held with cross-sections of state arts agency staff, and four interviews with SAA executive and deputy directors. For questions, or if you would like to highlight the equity work taking place in your state, please contact Senior Research Director Ryan Stubbs.
In this Issue
From the President and CEO
State to State
- Maryland: Equitable Funding Model for General Operating Support
- Oregon, West Virginia: Artist Relief Funds
The Research Digest
Announcements and Resources
More Notes from NASAASubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.