November 6, 2017
State Arts Agency Support for Folk Arts
Folk and traditional arts receive significant investment from state arts agencies due to their cultural, educational and economic importance. As a new way to communicate state arts agency support of folk and traditional arts, this interactive dashboard, State Arts Agency Support for Folk Arts looks at current and long-term support of this important discipline. This visualization celebrates state arts agencies’ folk arts grant programs all over the country, revealing:
- who receives folk arts grants,
- what kinds of activities these grants support,
- how awards made to folk arts compare to grant making in other disciplines,
- and how folk arts grant making has changed over time.
You can explore the visualization in a few ways—scroll over the interactive map for more details on distinct awards, drill down to a specific state through the map or select the printable version if you want to look at it off-line.
As always, please contact the NASAA research team with any questions or to request custom visualizations.
In this Issue
From the President and CEO
State to State
- Mississippi: Mississippi History through the Arts Curriculum
- North Carolina: Arts Across NC Podcast
- Massachusetts: EBT Card to Culture
Announcements and Resources
Research on Demand
More Notes from NASAASubscribe