February 8, 2017
As state and federal budgeting processes kick into high gear, NASAA’s research team is ready to deliver custom data to help you make your case.
One resource, now available for every state upon request, are National Endowment for the Arts Arts Investment Fact Sheets. Tailored to your agency, they are intended to assist members with conversations about the importance and reach of National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) funding.
Each customized document includes:
- an overview of NEA appropriation trends and dollars leveraged
- talking points on citizen benefits of public funding for the arts
- data on the local impact of state and federal funding for the arts
- maps showing both NEA direct grants, state arts agency grants and, when available, state arts agency grant activity locations by congressional district
All of these data speak to the value of the NEA and arts funding in each congressional district. Please see this example of a custom sheet for Idaho.
These NEA Arts Investment Fact Sheets are one of the many resources available to NASAA members to promote data driven advocacy. NASAA advocacy tools, funding and grant-making data and custom research are all available to help make your case.
Contact NASAA Research Director Ryan Stubbs to request your state’s NEA Arts Investment Fact Sheet and for other custom research needs.
In this Issue
State to State
- Massachusetts: Celebrating Centennial of JFK's Birth
- Louisiana: Music-Infused Creative Placemaking Pilot
- Arizona: Next50 Initiative
More Notes from NASAA
From the CEO
Research on DemandSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.