March 15, 2012
North Carolina: SmART Cities and Towns
The North Carolina Arts Council (NCA) is promoting multiple resources relating to its SmART Initiative, an arts-driven economic development plan for North Carolina cities and towns. New offerings include:
- Funding through a new pilot grant program designed to support the development of local cultural and economic development plans on a substantial scale. Grant amounts will range from $20,000 to $30,000.
- A comprehensive report of policy and programming recommendations from the SmART Initiative Task Force, which is comprised of civic and government leaders, legislators, tourism and chamber of commerce directors, private developers, and arts leaders. Task force Power Point presentations supply supplemental information on topics such as tax incentives and economic development financing.
- Technical assistance materials, including overviews of creative place making, public art resources, cultural assessment inventories, funding guidance, details on tax incentives and models for cultural district programs.
Find out more by contacting NCA Public Art and Community Design Director Brendan Greaves.
In this Issue
State to State
- North Carolina: SmART Cities and Towns
- Michigan: Creative State Michigan
- Maryland: Evaluating the Impact of Cultural Districts
- Massachusetts: Public Opinion Polling to Support Creative Place Making
Executive Director's Column
Research on DemandSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.