February 29, 2008
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: In fiscal year 2008, state legislatures appropriated $359.6 million–about $1.18 per capita–to state arts agencies. Most state arts agencies (45 out of all 56 states and jurisdictions) posted gains this year. Fiscal year 2008 marked the fourth consecutive year of gains for the arts following three years of sharp declines starting in 2002.
For More Information: Consult the NASAA Web site for a wide array of data and communications tools, including:
- A comprehensive report analyzing 2008 appropriations and trends over time
- A press release summarizing the report’s key findings
- Revenue details for every state
- Comparative per capita ranking tables
- A do-it-yourself database that you can use to build a customized 10-year budget history
- Advocacy tools for making the case for state support
Visit http://members.nasaa-arts.org/research/leg_approp_08.shtml for more information.
In this Issue
Executive Director's Column
Did You Know?
Frequently Asked QuestionsSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.