October 1, 2014
SAA Placement FAQ
Periodically, state arts agencies face restructuring conversations occurring within state legislatures or at the executive level. NASAA maintains facts and analysis that can help state arts agencies knowledgeably engage in these conversations.
NASAA’s newly released State Arts Agency Placement FAQ uses our historical data sets to answer some questions we commonly receive on this topic, such as:
- How many state arts agencies are independent, and how many are part of larger departments?
- Which state arts agencies have been restructured recently?
- How might a change in agency placement affect legislative appropriations?
If you are interested in how your agency compares to others with similar placement, or if you have any questions about state arts agency placement or placement change in general, contact NASAA Research Director Ryan Stubbs or NASAA Research Associate Henry Clapp.
In this Issue
State to State
- Alabama and Connecticut: Arts Administration Fellowships
- North Dakota: STE[A]M Team Program
- Massachusetts: STARS Residencies
More Notes from NASAA
Executive Director's Column
Research on DemandSubscribe
To receive information regarding updates to our newslettter. Please fill out the form below.