2017 Leadership Institute Proceedings
Opening Plenary Session & Roll Call
- CEO Report to Members
- State Books Suzanne Wise led the annual Roll Call of the States and highlighted famous or favorite works of literature from each state.
Creating Connection & Building Public Will
Pam Breaux, Eric Friedenwald-Fishman and Kevin Kirkpatrick explored ways that public will and political will can complement each other to make the arts a more recognized and valued part of life in America.
- Building Public Will
- Creating Connection: Research Summary
- Creating Connection: Enriching Lives through the Power of Creative Expression
National Endowment for the Arts Plenary Session
During her remarks, NEA Chairman Jane Chu shared images and stories of her visits to all states to promote the value of the arts.
Closing Plenary Session & Performance
Leading Effective DEI Dialogues
Communications Choices that Build Public Will
Case Making in an Era of Political Polarization
Community Media: Empowerment through Access (Open Signal)
- Media Education Workshop Video highlights from a clay animation session
Agency Transformation: Quasi-Governmental Entities (The Armory)
- Agency Transformation: Quasi-Governmental Entities Presentations from NASAA, Michigan, Oregon and Alaska
Incubating Innovation: A Creative Maker Space (ADX)