NASAA is seeking a part-time (up to 25 hours per week) research fellow to assist with the analysis of financial, economic and demographic data and to support a variety of mapping and data visualization services.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work in a national association and is interested in research, government or philanthropy as well as the arts or humanities. NASAA is a nonprofit that offers a professional and friendly working atmosphere in a small-office setting located in downtown Washington, D.C., near Metro.
Compensation and terms of employment will be based on experience and qualifications. Payments can be made as a stipend or as a part-time salary. This position will be eligible for remote work or teleworking.
- Securing data from multiple sources
- Structuring information for use in geographic information systems
- Compiling demographic and economic data from federal agencies
- Accessing grants and revenue data from NASAA’s information archives
- Analyzing data for reporting purposes and validity using statistical software
- Designing static and interactive data displays
- Proofing/Validating data
- Creating spreadsheets or populating databases
- Administering surveys and tracking survey responses
- Preparing maps, charts and tables and narrative material
- Formatting research materials/documents for publication
- High proficiency in Tableau
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with geographic information systems
- Experience in data analysis for research purposes
- Training in descriptive and inferential statistics
Apply via e-mail to email@example.com using “Research Fellow Search” as the subject line. All applications must include:
- a current résumé
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position.
For best consideration, apply before February 5, 2020. Do not apply via fax, phone call or hard copy. NASAA is dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes, respects and values people of all races, colors, ages, genders, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, creeds, ancestries, national origins, disabilities and veteran statuses. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.